Event at a glance
- Awards dinner for 1,700 guests
- 8th year at Battersea Evolution
- High impact branding
- Separate bar areas for VIPs and general guests
- Catering by Smart Hospitality with a Champagne and canapé reception
- Sumptuous dinner featuring thyme roasted fillet of beef with slow braised beef cheeks for main
- Post-awards party with late night food tricyles and entertainment until 3am
Battersea Evolution is proud to have hosted the BT Sports Industry Awards for eight consecutive years
A spectacular awards evening for companies within the Sports Business Sector, hosting 1,700 guests including celebrities and sporting heroes from around the globe.
After walking the red carpet, guests sipped on Champagne before a delicious menu was served by Smart Hospitality.
Goats cheese and quince balls with walnut crumb
Spanish potato and red pepper tortilla with roasted chorizo and saffron mayonnaise
Mini Croque Madame with chilli jam and watercress
Seared red mullet with white onion cream, butter roast gnocchi and crisp ham
Snow peas with pea croquettes, pea panna cotta, mint, shaved pecorino and balsamic dressing (v)
Thyme roasted fillet of English beef with slow braised beef cheeks, buttered garlic fondant potato, fresh peas, asparagus and red wine sauce
Mac and cheese with truffle cheese sauce and bitter leaves (v)
Following the main, coffee and petit fours were served before the awards winners were announced. Post-awards, guests networked in the bar area with dessert tricycles, and the after-party went into full swing with a selection of cocktail bars and DJs, keeping guests entertained until 3am.
Branding and Production
A few words from our client
“We have worked with the team for many years, and there are a number of reasons we keep coming back. First of all Battersea Evolution is a fantastic space, so versatile with many possibilities – people never fail to be impressed with the scale and look of the space. Secondly and probably just as important, is the team at Battersea; from the event team we work almost year round with, to the security team on the night of the event. A real relationship has been built over the years. Nothing is too much trouble, they are always looking for ways to improve, and everything is always done incredibly efficiently and with a smile.
When it comes to catering the event, we wouldn’t consider anyone but Smart Hospitality, who do such an amazing job on large scale events, from menu suggestions and tastings, to the top-notch service on the night. We can always count on these things being flawless, which is not something you can take for granted when working in events. We look forward to working alongside Battersea and Smart for years to come!”
Anna Downes, Senior Event Producer, Benchmark Sports on behalf of SIA
Wed 19 Apr 2017
Tue 18 Apr 2017
Mon 05 Dec 2016
Britain’s Olympic heroes were joined by stars of fashion and entertainment last Wednesday for the 2016 Team GB Ball in Battersea Evolution to celebrate the extraordinary success of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
Battersea Evolution Tweets
- We did it! We've climbed Snowdon to raise money for Macmillan Cancer. Please dig deep and donate!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- MOTORHEADS REJOICE! The London Motor Show is coming to Battersea Evolution from Thursday 4th May 2017!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- #Goodtimes..@MahtaburRNasir with #ChrisGrayling Secretary of transportgovuk & @EnamAliMBE at 2012 @BritCurryAwards… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…