EVENT AT A GLANCE
- Superdrug's 50 Anniversary
- 600 guests & 180 VIPS
- A POP ART menu by Smart Hospitality
- Tiered dining
- An impactful end stage featuring a 40 metre wide screen
- Hanging production including a stunning 'Fab 50' 3D banner
- Live acts & a DJ until the early hours
Lit in bright neons, Battersea Evolution was the perfect venue for the Pop Art inspired Superdrug “Fab at 50” Anniversary Party.
The high stree health retailer hosted a huge party and charity fundraiser with their staff to celebrate 50 years in business. The event was organised by Well Pleased Events and took place on 22nd November, 2014.
600 guests attended the event including 180 VIPS. A five course dinner was served by Smart Hospitality featuring a bespoke POP ART menu and theming throughout the venue. Three tiered dining was installed with round tables, rectangle benches and seating booths.
THE FINER DETAILS
Guests arrived into the Atrium via a Pop Art gallery, with VIPs making their way onto the venue mezzanine for their private drinks reception whilst the guests made their way through the under mezzanine tunnel into the bar area. The space within the venue allowed for the two entirely separate spaces, including a central bar downstairs and Pop Art themed lounge areas on the raised mezzanine level for the VIPs.
Using the extensive rigging that Battersea Evolution boasts, the client dressed the bar area with a huge, hanging “Fab at 50” custom built banner. Guests walked underneath the banner into the main dining room. Due to the height of the venue and the way in which the structure is built, the client was able to install three tiers of seating for guests, giving multiple dining rooms.
In the dining rooms, guests sat at booth tables, bar tops and large round tables to enjoy their bespoke Pop Art menu designed and produced by Smart Hospitality.
Post-dinner the guests danced to live acts and DJs into the early hours.
Menu served by Smart Hospitality
Lamb shoulder croquettes with cumin
Beetroot cured salmon lollipops with wasabi mayonnaise
Sweet potato and ginger fritters with coconut salsa (V) (Gf) (Vg)
Mushroom soup shots served on Campbell’s soup tray (v)
Prawn cocktail served in Heinz ketchup jars
Chicken liver parfait served in tooth paste tubes with toasted brioche and beetroot jam (served on a pallet plate)
Salt baked beetroot with whipped goats curd, toasted pine nuts and honey and thyme vinaigrette (V)
Braised ox cheeks with heritage carrots, caper raisin puree, horseradish potatoes and red wine sauce
Wild mushroom and spinach croquettes with white bean and parsnip puree, honey glazed heritage carrots and wilted greens (V)
Layered Knicker Bocker Glory Boom, with fruit, cream and ice cream
Alternative Petit Fours
Macaroons (in 4 colours that complement the marshmallows)
Marshmallow (in smaller cubes of pink and white)
Why Battersea Evolution was the right venue for this event
The client had the ability to build multiple raised tiers for dining
The client could create multiple, exciting spaces within one venue. This gave the guests a variety of experiences on the evening.
The end on stage production was so impactful due to the width and height of the venue
Creative ideas could be rigged and hung all over the venue with no obstruction. i.e. FAB at 50 sign or gallery in the Atrium
"Fab at 50"
Jaw dropping production
Party until the early hours
Fri 01 Sep 2017
Thu 24 Aug 2017
Mon 12 Jun 2017
Battersea Evolution Tweets
- Catering provided by @movingvenue! https://t.co/0fdB3yAjvv
- We've updated our @YouTube Channel with the latest videos and trailers from across the company. Take a look:… https://t.co/SJ8uj4uJ6o
- Tonight, in the shadow of @BatterseaEvo, girls from across Smart Group are competing in their final netball match.… https://t.co/Bghvcw5Eah
- As event management partners for @HereEast, we are very excited about London's latest urban beach next door:… https://t.co/hGnwIwRPwO
- 5 years ago #OTD the 2012 Olympic Games were opened. From a 2,000sqm kitchen we catered over 17 days, in 13 major s… https://t.co/bNSVU6xRZO
- Congratulations to our neighbours @KinkyBootsUK on a great press night! Make sure the new cast give us a wave from the dressing room! 👠❤️😘
- We're celebrating 3 birthdays at Smart Group this evening! We're having a blast on the @thetattershall! pic.twitter.com/8PhbrWiLnT