OUR SMART TIPS FOR ORGANISING A GREAT CHRISTMAS PARTY
Sun 15 Feb 2015
Organising the Christmas Party is no mean feat. Everyone in the office is relying on you to organise the ultimate work party night of the year. Here at Smart Group, we have over 20 years experience in organising Christmas parties so read our top tips for a helping hand.
1. Get a brief and a per person budget from the boss
When the boss asks you to organise the party, make sure you get the following information:
- Per person budget
- Standing or seated
- Will a speech, presentation or awards be given out
- Any other objectives other than having a good time?
Don't let them say 'just gather a few ideas', remember you wouldn't go shopping for a rolls royce if your budget was more suitable to a ford fiesta.
2. Recruit a committee
Create a Christmas party team and delegate! It's a great way to get people involved and means you don't have to run around like a headless chicken. How can they help?
- It's good to have a few people help with venue research and attend show rounds
- The masterchef judging panel! Good food is vital to any event, make sure the venue or caterer offers you a tasting where you and the team can decide on a menu that is suitable to all.
- The finances - get someone from accounts on the committee to deal with the finances if that's not your strong point.
- The RSVP process. No-one has time to chase attendance from hundreds of people, get a team member to manage the RSVP process. We recommend using eventbrite, which is a free tool which can be used to send out invites, manage the RSVP's, send tickets, collect dietary requirements and even provide a seating plan. WIN WIN!
3. Don't let the boss deliver a financial presentation at the party
No-one will listen, it's that simple. Presentations and speeches at Christmas parties are best kept for thank you's. If your boss has business stats to deliver, get them to put them in an email and send it round to the team during the day. They are more likely to absorb it with a cup of tea at their desk instead of trying to concentrate after a bottle of wine at the party.
4. Remember to cater for all
Whilst many will let their inhibitions go at the Christmas party, not everyone wants to shot tequilla and spin round the dancefloor. Create pockets of entertainment, the show stopping dancefloor with high energetic acts, mingling entertainment acts in the lounge areas and even the classic casino for those who fancy a flutter. Our team at Smart LIVE are experts in producing bespoke ideas, take a look at their page.
5. Choose a location with good transport links and a well resourced taxi rank
At Battersea Evolution, we lay on a taxi rank to ensure our guests can be at London Victoria in just 5 minutes at the end of the evening. A poor location for a party can be a real sticker, so make sure there are plenty of transport hubs nearby.
6. Enjoy yourself
Make sure you choose a venue or an events company that really will take the stress away from you so you can enjoy the champagne and put your dancing shoes on. Here at Smart, we make sure you don't lift a finger, find out more about our parties and the team.
BATTERSEA EVOLUTION WELCOMES BRITAIN'S OLYMPIC HEROES FOR THE 2016 TEAM GB BALL
Mon 05 Dec 2016
Britain’s Olympic heroes were joined by stars of fashion and entertainment last Wednesday for the 2016 Team GB Ball in Battersea Evolution to celebrate the extraordinary success of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
MOVING VENUE CATER FOR THE PRESTIGIOUS FINANCIAL ADVISER SERVICE AWARDS
Mon 28 Nov 2016
Last week, Moving Venue was thrilled to cater for the prestigious Financial Adviser Service Awards 2016, hosted by the Financial Times at the Natural History Museum in south Kensington, London.
THE 2016 LONDON NEW YEAR'S EVE BALL AT BATTERSEA EVOLUTION
Mon 28 Nov 2016
Christmas is just round the corner and, quickly following on its heels, is New Year’s Eve. Smart's party has all the elements required for a great celebration under one roof: great food, bars, and dancing, plus live performances, musical acts and a special screening of the world-famous London fireworks. Don't miss out!