WHAT WILL YOU BE WEARING AT ROYAL ASCOT THIS SUMMER?
Wed 13 May 2015
With only 33 days to go until the social highlight of the year, we bring to you the dos and don’ts of one of the most prestigious racing events in the world.
THE GENTLEMEN'S ETIQUETTE GUIDE TO ROYAL ASCOT
We have teamed up with leading men’s formalwear company Oliver Brown for a visual style guide to ensure sartorial savviness at this year’s Royal Ascot. This specially-created video demonstrates how to avoid any fashion faux pas or etiquette embarrassment.
FANCY TIES FOR A FANCY PLACE!
THE SIX SMART RULES TO ROYAL ASCOT:
- Eating in public requires all private habits to be closeted. Pace yourself, so neither hoover like a wolf nor pick like a sparrow. Bring food to your mouth rather than drop your head.
- A man should stand up to greet a woman when she first arrives. There is no need, however, to jump up and down like a jack in the box every time she enters or leaves the room.
- Everyone enjoys a flutter, but ensure that you don't become overly competitive or, if you're lucky enough to back a winner, never gloat over less fortunate companions.
- Being punctual always scores bonus points. You will come across as someone who cares about other people, and is efficient, organised and reliable.
- A genuine compliment will suffuse the recipient with positive feelings, and oils the wheels of social intercourse.
- Book your ticket in The Royal Ascot Village and enjoy delicious food, fabulous entertainment and plenty of Pimms & Champs to wash it all down. Positioned directly opposite the main Grandstand, The Village makes the perfect base for an exquisite day of hospitality.
CLICK BELOW TO FIND OUT HOW FABULOUS YOUR ROYAL ASCOT EXPERIENCE COULD BE...
TOP FIVE QUIRKY HAGGIS RECIPES FOR A BURNS NIGHT TWIST
Tue 24 Jan 2017
Burns Night is once again upon us, so of course it’s time to just prepare a mound of haggis and a large helping of buttery neeps and tatties. Right? Wrong! To those who make the 25th January a highlight of the Caledonian Calendar this understandably might not fill you with much excitement. However we have compiled some delicious ideas for you to try at home courtesy of the pioneers of Scotland’s national dish, Macsween of Edinburgh.
HOSPITALITY ROCKS: THE CHRISTMAS PARTY FOR THE HOSPITALITY AND EVENTS INDUSTRY
Fri 13 Jan 2017
For the first time ever, it was time for the events & hospitality industry to have their own Christmas Party. Over 900 industry people met at Battersea Evolution for a spectacular evening laid on by the Smart Group.
MOVING VENUE ANNOUNCES ITSELF AS THE IN-HOUSE CATERER FOR LANDING 42
Tue 13 Dec 2016
Venue and event specialists Vibration Group have formed a new partnership with Moving Venue by Smart to deliver a bespoke, in-house catering service at Landing Forty Two.