WHAT WILL YOU BE WEARING AT ROYAL ASCOT THIS SUMMER?
Wed 13 May 2015
With only 33 days to go until the social highlight of the year, we bring to you the dos and don’ts of one of the most prestigious racing events in the world.
THE GENTLEMEN'S ETIQUETTE GUIDE TO ROYAL ASCOT
We have teamed up with leading men’s formalwear company Oliver Brown for a visual style guide to ensure sartorial savviness at this year’s Royal Ascot. This specially-created video demonstrates how to avoid any fashion faux pas or etiquette embarrassment.
FANCY TIES FOR A FANCY PLACE!
THE SIX SMART RULES TO ROYAL ASCOT:
- Eating in public requires all private habits to be closeted. Pace yourself, so neither hoover like a wolf nor pick like a sparrow. Bring food to your mouth rather than drop your head.
- A man should stand up to greet a woman when she first arrives. There is no need, however, to jump up and down like a jack in the box every time she enters or leaves the room.
- Everyone enjoys a flutter, but ensure that you don't become overly competitive or, if you're lucky enough to back a winner, never gloat over less fortunate companions.
- Being punctual always scores bonus points. You will come across as someone who cares about other people, and is efficient, organised and reliable.
- A genuine compliment will suffuse the recipient with positive feelings, and oils the wheels of social intercourse.
- Book your ticket in The Royal Ascot Village and enjoy delicious food, fabulous entertainment and plenty of Pimms & Champs to wash it all down. Positioned directly opposite the main Grandstand, The Village makes the perfect base for an exquisite day of hospitality.
CLICK BELOW TO FIND OUT HOW FABULOUS YOUR ROYAL ASCOT EXPERIENCE COULD BE...
A NEW ERA FOR EVENT CATERER, MOVING VENUE
Mon 19 Jun 2017
After 33 years, 2017 will mark the dawn of a fresh rebrand for Smart’s venue catering specialist – Moving Venue. Click here to find out what's changed.
TRY OUR PIMM’S RECIPE FROM SMART GROUP’S HEAD OF BARS
Fri 16 Jun 2017
The summer is finally upon us and what better way is there to celebrate than by trying our mouth-watering recipe for one of Britain’s most loved summer drinks – Pimm’s
THE ANNUAL FRIENDS OF BATTERSEA BBQ
Thu 15 Jun 2017
On Wednesday 13th June 2017, Smart Group were proud to support the Friends of Battersea summer BBQ, providing the perfect opportunity to give back to the community of Battersea.