Back of House Porter/Driver/Supervisor
With over 30 years of industry experience, Moving Venue is looking to recruit, train and develop a core team of casual hospitality staff that will assist in the delivery of amazing food and beverage experiences for our clients and guests. From Corporate Awards Dinners, Parties, Conferences, Weddings and International Air Shows this is a perfect opportunity for people looking for flexible employment. If you are passionate, a people person, enjoy good food and thrive on working in a busy environment then this might be the job for you.
- Smooth running of the BOH operation in an organised manner
- Maintaining and delivering expectations set out by the management team
- To liaise with the Back Of House Manager, Head Chef and Event management team on a daily basis
- To manage the logistics and movement of crockery and equipment; this may involve transporting equipment from different venues.
- Maintain stock check of warehouse supplies (Disposables, uniform etc).
- To have the ability to work in an organised and disciplined manner
- Be proactive in forward planning and coordinating within your area
- To ensure that your area is correctly managed, with attention to areas such as store and equipment rooms.
- Assist with the checking of deliveries and that correct procedures are being followed.
- Ensure all back of house dry goods, food prep, trolleys, and appropriate linen are distributed effectively for events
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- To adhere to all statutory and health and safety policies and procedures and control of BOH stock.
- To ensure area is clear at the end of the day or an event, disposing of rubbish, returning dirty and clean linen, disposables and dry store products etc to the correct stores.
- To ensure that any operational targets that you are given are achieved.
- To ensure all maintenance and health & safety issues are reported to your manager
- To be aware of & responsible for communicating all legislation that is relevant to your work & your team and ensure that all legal requirements are met including: Licensing; Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions and any others.
- Display high standards of personal presentation and conduct when working at the different venues.
Key Skills and Personal Values
- Willingness to learn
- Professional appearance and polite manner
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Self composure in all situations is integral due to the high pressure environment
- An awareness of health and safety issues
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate accurately in both written and verbal format
- Previous Back of House experience is essential
- Committed and loyal
Events normally take place 7 days a week, but mostly from Tuesday to Thursday. Each shift is a minimum of 4hrs long and you get paid hourly for this. It is flexible work that coincides with each individual’s schedule/timetable.
- Right to work in the UK i.e. valid passport/visa and proof of NI
- A positive attitude and good sense of humour
- Competent/fluent English speaker
- The candidate must hold a full clean driving licence( category B licence)
- The candidate must also hold HGV C licence – Not essential
- Excellent leadership & organisational skills are essential
What we offer
- Free training
- Opportunity to work at some of the most exclusive venues in London
- Development-opportunity to grow and evolve in the role
Please send your CV to email@example.com