Venues Head Chef
This is an exciting role and an amazing opportunity to join a rapidly growing, privately owned group of hospitality, catering and event management businesses based in South East London. Multi award-winning Smart Group is at the forefront of the event management industry with an enviable portfolio of companies.
The candidate will oversee a unique range of events from three-course formal dinners for 2,000 to canapé receptions in prestigious, iconic venues across London and beyond. Passionate about food, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate flair and creativity with the desire to delight our guests.
- Previous experience in delivering large scale and more intimate high-end events
- Extensive knowledge of food seasonality and trends
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build very good rapport with suppliers and colleagues
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Personable disposition
- Managing the kitchen brigade to ensure that the set-up, performance and delivery of Smart food products on site exceed the client’s requirements
- Ensuring consistency in the planning and execution of all events
- Meeting the requirements of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility policy, reducing wastage in all aspects of operation and disposing of food and other materials with minimum impact on the environment
- Regularly working with the Executive Chef and, where appropriate, updating Smart Group’s food offering, taking account of current trends and seasonality
- Taking primary responsibility for managing all Health & Safety aspects of the kitchen both at base and on site
What’s In It For You?
- £45,000-£50,000 per annum depending on experience
- Cycle to work scheme
- Delicious, healthy breakfast and lunch menu served daily, cooked by a dedicated chef
- Fabulous regular social events
- Fun and vibrant company culture
- Newly refurbished offices
- Holiday allowance starts at 27 days plus bank holidays increasing depending on length of service
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com
Deadline: 24th February 2019 at 5pm