Event Manager (Operations)
We are looking for an experienced Event Manager looking to grow within an exciting and fast-moving business. The successful candidate will manage the planning and delivery of allocated events, liaise with clients and work collaboratively across the business.
EVENT MANAGER (OPERATIONS)
This role is ideal for a highly organised and personable event manager with a good foundation of event operations. Reporting directly to, and working closely alongside, Head of Operations you will help lead the wider team in creating amazing experiences and managing supplier relationships.
ABOUT MOVING VENUE
This is an exciting role and an amazing opportunity to join Moving Venue, a privately owned group of hospitality, catering and event management businesses based in South East London.
Moving Venue has a prestigious history of over 38 years as one of the leading event caterers in the capital operating events across some of the most Unique Venues of London ranging from Museums, Palaces and Galleries to blank canvases and warehouse spaces.
Quality, passion and integrity are at the core of everything we do, coupled with our inimitable drive, personality and pioneering creativity that comes from being an entrepreneurial organisation. We pride ourselves on delivering experiences that our customers love and that our team is proud to be associated with.
This role is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow within an exciting and fast-moving business. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn from an experienced team.
We are a close, committed team with the right attitude. Following a difficult year for the entire industry, Moving Venue are thrilled to be recruiting for this exciting role within the company, this is a chance to join a respected caterer at an exciting new time in its 38 year history.
The candidate will be a key member of the catering operations team, assisting and reporting to the Head of Operations. The candidate will be required to ensure that Moving Venue continues to operate its events to an ‘industry leading’ standard.
- Managing the planning and delivery of allocated events, ensuring consistency with Operations’ procedures and standards.
- Liaising with clients and venues to ensure specific objectives are met, attending site visits and menu tastings where required.
- Liaising with the sales and planning teams regarding pre and post costings for events.
- Ensuring all members of the Operations team are inducted, trained and continually monitored/reviewed in operational procedures.
- Attending weekly pre-event meetings and effectively communicating the resulting operational plans to all relevant personnel.
- Supporting senior members of the team at other events.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of our venues, clients, competitors, markets and the industry, and an awareness of the impact of any developments in these area.
- Complying with the requirements of MV’s Health & Safety/Food Safety policy and procedures and observing safe working practices both at base and at events.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Previous experience in events’ operations.
- Knowledge of key London venues is desirable, but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build very good rapport with suppliers and colleagues.
- Be highly organised and able to prioritise tasks.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Personable disposition.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- £32,000 to £36,000 depending on experience.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Delicious, healthy snacks and lunch available daily.
- Fabulous regular social events.
- Fun and vibrant company culture.
- Generous refer a friend bonus.
- Holiday allowance starts at 27 days plus bank holidays increasing depending on length of service.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your C.V. to [email protected]