Event Sales Coordinator
This is an exciting role at Moving Venue, the Event Sales Co-ordinator will specialise in catering sales and planning of events at the iconic Landing Forty Two.
EVENT SALES COORDINATOR
This role is ideal for a creative, organised sales coordinator with a good foundation of event knowledge. Reporting directly to, and working closely alongside, the Director you will help lead the wider team in creating amazing experiences and managing client relationships at Landing Forty Two.
ABOUT MOVING VENUE
Moving Venue has a prestigious history of over thirty-eight years as one of the leading event caterers in the capital operating events across some of the most Unique Venues of London ranging from Museums, Palaces and Galleries to blank canvases and warehouse spaces. Moving Venue are also the dedicated catering partner for a number of venues across London.
The first and flagship venue was Landing Forty Two where Moving Venue have been onsite as the exclusive caterer since 2017. Landing Forty Two is London’s highest dedicated event space. Located 500 feet above street-level in the heart of the City’s financial district and served by the fastest scenic lifts in Europe, the venue offers spectacular triple aspect, floor-to-ceiling views of the river and many of London’s major landmarks, guaranteed to impress any guests. This 300 standing capacity venue is incredibly diverse and hosts an array of events ranging from conferences and receptions to product launches and awards dinners.
This is an exciting role at Moving Venue, the Event Sales Co-ordinator will specialise in the catering sales and planning of events at Landing Forty Two meaning that sales targets are achieved and that events are produced effectively and in line with clients’ expectation.
Your role will entail working alongside both the venue and catering teams, selling and planning catering aspects of an event. Some events may require more attention that others and your role will also entail supporting the wider catering sales team on other projects.
You should have a passion for organisation, provide outstanding service to clients and be able to cope with the pressure of a fast paced role and act professionally at all times.
This role will be split between Moving Venue’s base in Deptford and Landing Forty Two in the City. This will depend on the needs of the business; however, we envisage 80% of the time will be spent at Head Office.
We are a close committed team with the right attitude. Moving Venue have bounced back post-pandemic and have had a fantastic year, we are thrilled to be recruiting for this vital role within the company, providing a chance to join a prestigious caterer at an exciting new time in its thirty-eight year history.
- Establishing clients’ needs (end user, agent or venue) and presenting effective event solutions.
- Producing proposals for all bespoke event enquiries and upselling clients from a packaged offering.
- Conducting tastings and site visits with clients.
- Employing the appropriate resources to elevate our company above competitors (site visits, menu tastings, event out-mess etc.).
- Identify areas where Moving Venue can create new product ideas and creativity.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of Moving Venue’s product and communicating this to clients and the venue.
- Rudimentary knowledge in selling and planning the catering of events in comparable venues across London.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a candidate who will represent Moving Venue in the most positive way both internally and externally. You will need to comply with the requirements of MV’s Health & Safety/Food Safety policy and procedures and observing safe working practices both at base and at events, as well as performing any other reasonable duties required in pursuit of the efficient and profitable management of the company
You will need to have;
- Methodology and organisation.
- Great attention to detail and dynamic approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and appropriation.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Ability to complete event projects with little supervision.
- You are able to commit to a flexible work pattern occasionally undertaking weekend work.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- £25,000 depending on experience.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Performance related bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Delicious, healthy snacks and lunch available daily.
- Fabulous regular social events.
- Fun and vibrant company culture.
- Generous refer a friend bonus.
- Holiday allowance starts at 27 days plus bank holidays increasing depending on length of service.
- Employee Assistance Programme in partnership with Hospitality Action.
- Daily shuttle bus to and from Head office and Canada Water Station.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your C.V. to [email protected]