Meet The Smarties Of Christmas Parties
Mon 05 Nov 2018
There are officially only 50 days left until Christmas 2018 and our Christmas Parties Team are ready and raring to go. The team has worked hard all year to ensure your Christmas Party is one you and your guests will remember for years to come. To celebrate the start of the 50-day and 7-week countdown, we’ve asked our team to supply you with some interesting facts about themselves. So here are some fun facts about the team to give you an insight into the wonderful people behind Smart Christmas Parties.
Jake: Director of Ticketed Sales
1. Jake began his career in Smart’s kitchens and now sells Christmas and Sports packages, integrating the food he was so passionate about into the hospitality side of sales day-in day-out.
2. Jake worked front of house at the OHC (Olympic Hospitality Centre) during the London Olympic Games and said the most exciting event he helped produce was the opening night of London 2012.
Alex: Head of Ticketed Sales
3. Before working at Smart, Alex started off in the working world washing pots at his local pub, and went on to sell building material in New Zealand.
4. Alex’s favourite Christmas theme this year is Après 2018 where targets are at their highest! He is looking forward to seeing the three huge ski gondolas from Austria back at the event this year.
Lauren: Event and Agency Account Manager
5. The best holiday Lauren’s ever been on is to Disneyland Florida – it was actually where she got engaged!
6. Before finding her calling in the events industry, Lauren had a vague plan to pursue a Science career and studied Maths, Biology and Physics for A Level.
Amy: Sales Executive
7. If Amy could eat only three foods for the rest of her life, she’d eat pizza, steak and baileys ice cream.
8. Amy was a big fan of Total Wipeout when it was on TV and says if she won the lottery, the first thing she’d do is hire a plane and take all her friends to do the Total Wipeout course.
Danny: Sales Executive
11. Danny is a massive football fan and often travels up to Liverpool to watch live matches.
12. Danny recently moved to London from Bath but still keeps up an active lifestyle playing hockey and socialising with friends.
Lucy: Sales and Events Administrator
13. Lucy who is new to the team said her best holiday she has been on was to Mexico, which she says is the prettiest place she’s ever been.
14. If Lucy won the lottery, she would hire a private jet and fly her family and friends to the Maldives (or anywhere exotic for that matter!) – can we come too?!
Sam: Sales Executive
9. Sam, who is also new to the team, is excited for this year's Christmas in New York Christmas Party at Finsbury Square.
10. We also asked Sam what he loved most about being in the Christmas Parties team and he said, “the team!”. He has really enjoyed getting to know everyone and loves the company atmosphere.