We're British...Let's Celebrate!!!
Fri 24 Apr 2015
What a week for Britain! We've had the Queen's birthday, St George's Day and the bookies cooking up a storm on what the new royal baby will be called, so we've decided to celebrate all things British...
OUR TOP GEORGE'S...
HOST IT AT BUCKINGHAM PALACE
With Queenie’s permission… just ask she might say yes.
SERVE CUCUMBER SANDWICHES, SCONES & TEA
Our pastry chef Ben makes the best scones around!
MAKE A STRONG BATCH OF ENGLISH GARDEN
See recipe above.
MAKE YOUR OWN BUNTING
Too much effort? Make union jack paper chains, that will do the job.
ARRANGE A SECRET SURPRISE
Like reuniting The Beatles.
UNION JACK UP
Grab as much British paraphernalia as you can find!
STRAWBERRIES & CREAM
A party wouldn't be complete without this English favourite!
6 STRANGE FACTS ABOUT BRITISH HISTORY
- ONE OF QUEEN VICTORIA'S WEDDING GIFTS WAS A 3 METRE DIAMETER, HALF TON CHEESE.
- IN 1811, NEARLY A QUARTER OF ALL WOMEN IN BRITAIN WERE CALLED MARY.
- IN THE 19TH CENTURY, SAUSAGES WERE MARKETED AS 'BAGS OF MYSTERY'.
- MARGARET THATCHER HELPED INVENT MR WHIPPY ICE CREAM.
- IN THE 16TH CENTURY, BEARDED MEN HAD TO PAY A SPECIAL TAX.
- HENRY III KEPT A POLAR BEAR IN THE TOWER OF LONDON. IT SWAM IN THE THAMES.