Try This Pimm's Recipe From Our Head Of Bars
Fri 16 Jun 2017
The summer is finally upon us and what better way is there to celebrate than by trying our mouth-watering recipe for one of Britain’s most loved summer drinks – Pimm’s? Smart Group’s Head of Bars and Bar Operations, Jay Decker, tells us why Pimm’s means so much to him and shares his perfect recipe with us. “For me Pimm’s marks the beginning of summer! It brings back wonderful memories for me of family BBQs and countless visits to Wimbledon.
Far too drinkable, a bittersweet elixir topped with lemonade and my favourite ginger beer. It’s refreshing, fruity and a little fizzy and usually comes packed with slices of cucumber, orange and strawberry to snack on. Often, a sprig of mint is added for aromatic flair”.
My perfect recipe for a Pimm’s cocktail is as follows:…
Classic Pimm’s Cup Recipe
- 25ml Pimm’s No.1
- 100ml Ginger beer
- 100ml Lemonade
- 2 slices of cucumber
- 2 strawberries cut in half
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 slices of lemon
- 2 slices of orange
- 2 slices of apples
- Add cubed ice to chill and combine in a tall glass!
- Mint sprig
Ideas for pimping your Pimm’s up:
- Spruce up your cup with raspberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, honeydew or celery. Let the season inspire! Try strawberries and rhubarb!
- Replace the sprig of mint or add to it. Rosemary and thyme bring out some of the other aromatics in the
- Some people swear by ginger ale instead of lemonade. I like to spice up my Pimm’s and ginger ale by replacing the ale with Ginger beer. Ginger beer is even more intensely flavoured with an added bite.
- Top your Pimm’s with prosecco, cava or your favourite champagne for extra fizz.
Find out about the history of Pimm’s here.